I think after Bing died, his daughter...the one that
shot JR told the magazines that her father was very
very strict..but they were not abused like his first
family claimed.

Laurie
--- Tim HardeI thr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I prefer to think that Bing's first family wasn't as
> abused as has been
> reported.
>

> On Friday, January 23, 2004, at 11:39 AM, Charles
> wrote:
>
>   Bing Crosby's Last 'Original' Son DiesBing
> Crosby's Last 'Original'
> Son Dies
> >
> > I have to comment on the death of Phillip Crosby,
> 69, the last living
> > child from famed crooner Bing Crosby's first
> marriage.
> >
> > Crosby and singer Dixie Lee had four sons. Two of
> them committed
> > suicide. Gary Crosby, who wrote a book in which he
> claimed his father
> > abused all of the children from his first
> marriage, died of lung
> > cancer several years ago. Now they are all gone.
> >
> > One reason I bring this up is that over the
> Christmas holiday Larry
> > King had Crosby's "second" family on to promote
> some new book designed
> > to prop up the Bingster's reputation. Not a
> mention was made of the
> > first family, or any of the accusations against
> the singer, during the
> > hour-long plug.
> >
> > It was as if the whole thing had never happened.
> To make matters
> > worse, King didn't even seem to notice that
> Kathryn Crosby, Bing's
> > widow, has had Jocelyne Wildenstein-like cosmetic
> surgery.
> >
> > Is King a journalist? Uh, no. Whatever he is, he
> certainly did a
> > disservice to adult children who've suffered abuse
> by simply
> > re-writing Crosby family history. "White
> Christmas" for the Crosby
> > boys was, according to them, a myth. Now the last
> of them is gone. May
> > they all rest in peace.
> >

> > Charles Mims
> > http://www.the-sandbox.org
> >

> > Dilbert's Words of Wisdom: Last night I lay in bed
> looking up at the
> > stars in the sky and I thought to myself, "Where
> the heck is the
> > ceiling?!"

> Tim Harder

=====
Happiness lies for those who cry,
those who hurt,
those who have searched
and those who have tried.
For only they can appreciate the importance
of people who have touched their lives.