From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Bethany
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 7:30 AM
To: The Sandbox Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Sndbox] A TRIBUTE TO THE CAPTAIN

<sniff>
I loved Captain Kangaroo!
~*~*Bethany*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
----- Original Message -----
From: Charles
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 8:58 PM
Subject: [Sndbox] A TRIBUTE TO THE CAPTAIN

A Tribute to the Captain

JUNE 27th, 1928 - JANUARY 23rd, 2004
Bob Keeshan, who enchanted millions of American children
as television's grandfatherly Captain Kangaroo,
died in Vermont after a long illness, his family said. He was 76.

Keeshan did the Captain Kangaroo show from 1955-84,
entertaining countless Baby Boomers with his kindly character and
co-stars like Mr. Greenjeans, Bunny Rabbit,
snoozing Grandfather Clock and Mr. Moose.

"Our father, grandfather and friend was as passionate for his family as he
was for America's children," his family said in a statement. "He was largely a private
man living an often public life, as an advocate for all that our nation's children deserved
"

I bet Mr Rogers met him at the Pearly Gates!!

And I wonder if he said "knock knock" to Mr Green Jeans?
And I wonder if the ping pong balls started hailing from the sky??

We Love You, Captain !!!
So glad there is another angel in heaven to watch out for us!
Thanks for the memories!!

CELEBRATE THE CAPTAIN'S LIFE BY SHARING THIS TRIBUTE!!

[>>Charles<<]