At 10:34 AM 3/26/2004, Pete McNeil wrote:
At 09:31 AM 3/26/2004, you wrote:

On Mar 26, 2004, at 7:42 AM, Russ Uhte (Lists) wrote:

downloads are coming from. However, I too have noticed really slow download speeds. I use wget, and I've never had a single problem, other than occasionally it is extremely slow sometimes. Once it does actually download, it's always a "clean" download. I haven't seen a single instance of the error_bad_matrix.

I haven't been monitoring my d/l speeds, but the last few weeks or so I get about 3 to 4 check failures from snf2check. My pipe is a quite underutilized 100Mbit at a uunet co-lo (Pete, right near ya in Ashburn -- you should think about co-lo there :-) )

I don't recall getting those errors before the big network switch at microneil earlier this year.

I've not seen a single bad matrix. But then I'm not on windows... so perhaps it is related to windows.

It's starting to come together now.

Wget on windows + errors on the Sprint line since the move = corrupted downloads for folks who end up routing through sprint along the way?

I think that's probably it. Me sending you a traceroute output really wouldn't do a lot of good because I use BGP, and have a local weight set such that all outbound traffic will leave via ATT, but feel free to traceroute to me for testing. You should be able to hit 12.161.104.2 if you would like.

I also just did a manual download, and my average speed during the entire transfer was 1.3 Mbps, with a max at 1.4 Mbps. I can't recreance the difference, because I didn't monitor it all that well previously, I just new it was taking a lot longer.

I hope this helps a little, and if there is anything else we can do for ya, let us know. You guys always do so much for us, it's about time we can do something for you!!

Thanks,
Russ

---