Hello folks,

Today we are releasing the new snf2check utility which performs a full integrity check (digest checking) of the rulebase file.

The distribution file can be found at:

http://www.sortmonster.com/MessageSniffer/Betas/snf2check-v2-dist.zip

The .zip contains a win32 binary (.exe), a short readme file, and a source directory so that our *nix users can compile the utility for their systems.

The new snf2check.exe is a drop-in replacement for the old version.

If any corruption is found in the rulebase file then ERROR_BAD_MATRIX is returned.

As before, if the authentication code and/or license do not match, or if the file is only partially downloaded then ERROR_RULE_AUTH is returned.

The new rulebase compilers have been running for a few days now so everyone's current rulebase files should have the new digest embedded in them. The new rulebase files are backward compatible with the previous version.

Thanks!