From: Jorge Asch
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: [sniffer] MDaemon Opinion OT

Jim Matuska wrote:
What is everyone's opinion of Mdaemon for Email/Groupware as well as integration with Sniffer.  We are looking at the possibility of switching from Imail to Mdaemon, anyone have an opinion on this or any thoughts, suggestions?
MDaemon is a great piece of software. I've been using it since 2.85 (about 6 years ago), and the developers are probably the best I've seen (about a tie with Microneil of course).

You have new versions a couple of times a year, and they do keep up with new technologies and features... SPF, SA 3.0, DomainKeys, HashCash, etc.

You can almost get replies from them 24/7/365 on their md-beta list (just like here) and not only that but the software is pretty powerful, and bugs are fixed fast on both final and beta releases.

Also, MDaemon has a new API for plugins (with the 7.50 version that will be release soon), so MessageSniffer is being developed into a native plugin for mdaemon that integrates transparently with the system. It works great and its blazing fast...

MDaemon has a 30-day evaluation period you can try out. Groupware as well (the addon that let's you integrate with Outlook Groupware functions).

--
Jorge Asch Revilla
CONEXION DCR