on 12/15/04 11:41 PM, Matt wrote:

> I've been having a lot of issues with false positives in the General category,
> and I'm in search of a better way to handle such things after making little
> progress without a large time commitment to the issue that this creates.

Wow, I'm not seeing anything close to what you are reporting.

We had 976 messages fail sniffer-general yesterday. We don't hold messages
but mark them as "spam" in the subject message with weight 30 - 39 and
delete them at 40 or more. I looked at all the messages that failed
sniffer-general and had a weight from 30 - 80. Of those 72 messages I only
see one message that probably wasn't spam. It had a weight of 31 so it only
had spam added to the subject and was delivered to the recipient. All the
messages with a weight of 40 or more that failed sniffer-general were indeed
spam and were deleted immediately.

Greg