On Monday, December 27, 2004, 10:24:00 AM, Jim wrote:

JM> Is anyone else seeing a huge flood of spam over the
JM> weekend?  I have received a ton of it since Friday, a lot of it is
JM> not  being picked up by sniffer either.

I believe I can explain this phenomena.
Over weekends and holidays folks stop submitting spam to us, so the
only things we can tag are those that hit our spamtraps. I've notices
quite a drop in the amount of spam we've been receiving - though the
filter rate and volume at our servers is still very high (filtering
90+% of 35K/day - very little monitored spam getting through).

I'm looking for some ways to increase the breadth of our spamtraps so
that this cyclic drop can be mitigated...