Hi Matt,

Well, statistics are a tricky thing. When you had posted on the Sniffer or
Declude lists over the weekend that I should provide more specific numbers,
I had no yet understood how you calculated your "percent of SPAM". The key
is always how one defines 100%.

Now that I read your post on the Sniffer list, I realize what number you are
looking for. You call it "percent of SPAM", I call it "percent of HELD
messages" (which, in reality, is only a subset of all Spam.)

Total Messages Processed: 13,077
Messages That Failed ANY Test(s): 11,323 (86.59%)

Total Messages DELETE, HOLD, BOUNCE, ROUTETO: 7,737 (59.16%)
Average Message Weight: 22.00 (Hold weight is 10)

Note: Before anyone jumps down my throat for the low "hold" ratio, we simply
whitelist a lot of internal mail based on SMTP AUTH and based on clients'
static IPs.

Of those 7,737 spam messages:

INV-URIBL...........7,737.......59.16%
IPNOTINMX...........7,620.......58.27%
SNIFFER.............7,396.......56.56% -> or 95% of the messages that were
"held"
  (which, matches your "capture" rate of 95 - 96% exactly!)

Note: As stated in my original post, I ran additional reports to break out
the unique hits by SURBL vs. Sniffer, vs. the combined hits. From that I
concluded that SURBL is NOT an irrelevant subset of Sniffer - but rather
there is about an 80 - 90% overlap.  On both ends there are messages that
one flags - but not the other.  Thus my previous statement that by using
both together I'm able to "tag" about 10 - 20% more messages than what each
one individually would have tagged (tapping into the 40.84% of non-held
messages).

NOLEGITCONTENT......7,215.......55.17%
SPAMCOP.............4,611.......35.26%
XBL-DYNA............4,228.......32.33%