To: "Chuck Schick" <sniffer@SortMonster.com>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 11:08 PM
Subject: Re: [sniffer] Spam keeps getting through...

On Monday, October 10, 2005, 5:44:21 PM, Chuck wrote:

CS> Sniffer is not catching a wave of spam (drug offers) this has been going on CS> for over a week and I have been forwarding examples. Is there anything that
CS> can be done?

Short additional follow up... Attached please find a graph of the trap arrival rates showing the current state of the front-end filters on our spamtraps...

According to this instrumentation and my recent observations of our trap processing queues we have a good rule-set for the "druglist" campaign at the moment. That rulebase may not be completely deployed to everyone yet, but it is constantly being pushed out.

The peaks on this graph today strongly coincide with bursts of new variants of the "druglist" campaign.

If you look closely you can just spot an up-tic on the end indicating a new variant beginning, though we have already coded for it's basics.

The big spikes at approximately 20, 10, and 8 hours ago represent the most recent bursts with new variants... so we're about due for another round with them that some of you may already be seeing.

Hope this helps,