On Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 2:06:41 PM, John wrote:

JC> Running Imail & Declude
JC> Currently the Sniffer update notice comes to my address.  I have rule
JC> established that copies the message to my inbox and forwards it on to the
JC> program alias (snifferupdate@) which kicks off the process.

JC> For each notice there is a tmp*.tmp file left in the spool. Is this normal?
JC> Is it the result of my forwarding action? Can I add a delete line at the end
JC> of the cmd file to get rid of it?

IMail creates a .tmp file when calling a program alias and passes that
file to the program as a parameter.

I have had luck placing the following line at the end of the update
script:

del %1

Some have reported that this didn't work and that simply deleting all
.tmp files from the spool as in 'del \imail\spool\*.tmp' seems to
work. I feel like that's a bit of a sledge hammer and might delete
something unintended, but nonetheless folks have reported good
results.

Another option is to remove all old .tmp files from your spool
periodically (nighly) along with orphaned messages etc using a utility
like delold.

AFAIK, the update scripts presented on our site do not make use of the
.tmp file so it's safe to delete it.

Hope this helps,