Pete,

Does this mean that you are somehow supporting incremental rule base updates, or is it that the compiler is just much faster so we will get the same number of updates, but generally get them 40-120 minutes earlier in relation to the data that generated them?

Either way, definitely an improvement. The closer to real-time we can get, the better.

Thanks,

Matt

Pete McNeil wrote:

Hello Sniffer Folks,

 I have just completed work to upgrade the rulebase compiler bots.
 They are now significantly more efficient. As a result you will be
 seeing updates more frequently.

 Previous lag was between 40-120 minutes.

 Current lag (sustained) is < 5 minutes.

 More timely updates should equate to lower spam leakage for new
 spam.

 You do not need to take any action on this. This note is for your
 information only.

Pete McNeil (Madscientist)
President, MicroNeil Research Corporation
Chief SortMonster (www.sortmonster.com)
Chief Scientist (www.armresearch.com)