Right... quotes are no good.  That came to light in the context of passing long file names (with spaces); the 8.3 format would be preferred.

I've designed my folder structure such that none of the folders had spaces in them; that just happened to be the way it turned out and I'm glad I stuck with it.

Andrew.

From: Message Sniffer Community [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:22 PM
To: Message Sniffer Community
Subject: Re: [sniffer]Re[2]: [sniffer]Re[2]: [sniffer]FP suggestions

Pete,

Since the %WEIGHT% variable is added by Declude, it might make sense to have a qualifier instead of making the values space delimited.  Errors in Declude could cause values to not be inserted, and not everyone will want to skip at a low weight.  I haven't seen any bugs with %WEIGHT% since shortly after it was introduced, but you never know.  I have seen some issues with other Declude inserted variables though.

One other thing that I came across with the way that Declude calls external apps...you can't delimit the data with things like quotes.  There is no mechanism for escaping a functional quote from a quote that should appear in the data that you pass to it...so don't use quotes as delimiters :)

Matt

Pete McNeil wrote:
Hello Matt,

 Pete,

 An X-Header would be very, very nice to have.  I understand the
issues related to waiting to see if something comes through, and
because of that, I would maybe suggest moving on your own.

I've got it on the list to have a message rewriting option... it's
just not as high as some others. I hadn't thought about the weight
gating utility - though that seems like something that would be useful
in general for external tests...

"weightgate -5 %WEIGHT% 20 <command line to run>" 5 0

<command line to run> is executed if %WEIGHT% is in the range [-5,20]
and the exit code of <command line to run> is returned.

That seems like a pretty simple utility to knock out - perhaps I will
;-)

Also, on the FP reporting links idea, that would break the process -
it's important for us to see the message for many reasons, and it's
important for the FP resolution process to be interactive.