Hello John,

Any timing that works for you and is "reasonable" is just fine.
"Reasonable" means, not every 10 seconds/minutes.

Some send their file once per day --- others find that to be too large
and so they send it once per update. Both of these are "good
practice".

If you are going to send your log file more than once every few hours
(such as once per hour or once per udpate) then you will need to make
sure you include something random in the name to avoid a possible
collision. Our log processing software is pretty fast, but now that
we're doing updates every 120 minutes or so there is always the risk
that a previous log file might not yet have been handled.

Hope this helps,

--
Pete McNeil
Chief Scientist,