Hello Shawn,

Hello,

I am using the latest beta version of Message Sniffer.  I am asking this question because I thought I read this somewhere but I can not find where I read it.

If I copy my rule database file to the c:\snf directory while SNFServer.exe is running, does SNFServer automatically load the new updated rule database?

Yes.

If so, how long does it usually take before SNFServer realizes that there is a new rule database that was copied to that directory?

Within about a second of seeing the new file it will load and check the new rulebase. If there is something wrong with the rulebase file it will keep the current rulebase active until a better one shows up.

Is there anyway to verify that SNFServer has loaded the latest rule database that was copied?  I know I can run a SNF2check.exe on the rule database to check the file before I copy it, but it would be great to know if SNFServer.exe has loaded the latest copy that I have copied to the c:\snf directory.

SNFServer will indicate that the new rulebase was loaded in it's log file.

Hope this helps,

Pete McNeil

Chief Scientist,

Arm Research Labs, LLC.