Hello Sniffer Folks,

* We have reached our 2 Millionth Rule! -- Our rule bots now have more
than 2 Million heuristics available for activation at any moment. When
new spam is spotted that matches an old rule, that rule is reactivated
automatically.

The vast majority of our rules have been coded by hand over the years
by our amazing Rule-Techs (The SortMonsters). These highly trained
professionals work around the clock (24x7x365) and consistently
produce the most accurate rules available anywhere. They are really a
fantastic team and a great bunch of folks to boot. :-)

At present about 122315 rules are typically active at one time.

Our most active rule at the moment was coded some 2062 days ago (has
it been that long? Wow!).

Here's to the next 2 million !

* We have re-posted our Windows Installer for the new Client/Server
version of SNF 3.0. This installer will help you upgrade from previous
versions of SNF if you are using any of:

-- IMail + Declude
-- IMail + mxGuard
-- SmarterMail + Declude

Other combinations are also supported and often detected automatically
including raw client/server installations for use on systems we don't
know about yet ;-)

This installer is relatively new (but well tested in our lab). Please
keep us posted on how it works for you.

http://www.armresearch.com/message-sniffer/download/SNFWinClientServerInstaller.3.0.exe

If you prefer to get the new SNF and install it yourself:

http://www.armresearch.com/message-sniffer/download/SNFWinClientServer3.0.zip

** MDaemon users-- don't forget that we nave an installer for the new
MDaemon plugin also!

http://www.armresearch.com/message-sniffer/download/SNFMDaemonPluginInstaller.3.0.exe

If you prefer to install the new SNF MDaemon plugin manually:

http://www.armresearch.com/message-sniffer/download/SNFMDPlugin.3.0.zip

** Linux/BSD/OSX users-- If you haven't heard, the new *nix
distribution of SNF has been updated with improved V3 specific
instructions and example control & update scripts. Also - if you had
trouble compiling SNF before on your PowerPC or 64bit box the latest
version includes big/little endian detection and bug fixes. At this
time there are no known problems on all of these platforms. As always:
Keep us posted please :-)

http://www.armresearch.com/message-sniffer/download/SNFSourceClientServer.3.0.1.zip

* Everyone should upgrade to the newest version as soon as practical.
While we will continue to support version 2 for a time, version 2 of
SNF is deprecated. Of course, that's not the only reason to upgrade.
SNF Version 3.0 has many improvements that reduce leakage, reduce the
chance for false positives, reduce administration costs, and reduce
system loads.

-- More efficient, fully multi-threaded scanning engine.
-- Realtime collaborative IP reputation system.
-- Realtime rulebase checking and telemetry (no need to upload logs)
-- Realtime system status information in XML format.
-- Integrated, customizable rulebase update mechanism.

You can find links to our latest distribution files on our products
page:

http://www.armresearch.com/products/index.jsp

You can find installation guides and upgrade notes here:

http://www.armresearch.com/support/articles/installation/index.jsp

Some of our site is still under construction (it is large). If you
find something under construction that would help you please let us
know and we will reschedule that work to get it done more quickly. In
the mean time we'll be happy to answer your questions directly.

* If you are using SNF on a platform we don't talk about on our web
site please let us know. We'd love to work with you to publish an
install guide that works for your favorite platform!

* A number of software developers are integrating SNF into their
platforms directly to improve performance, take advantage of advanced
features, and simplify installation. MX UpTime (MXScan) and Server
Side Solutions (eWall) have both recently released versions with tight
integration to SNF.

http://www.mxuptime.com/

http://www.armresearch.com/support/articles/installation/eWall.jsp

If you are a developer and you would like to integrate SNF support in
your solution please let us know. SDKs are in the works - pre-release
versions and support are available. Plus the new XCI protocol makes
access to SNF services as easy as a local TCP connection!

Thanks!

Pete McNeil
Chief Scientist,
Arm Research Labs, LLC.