Andy,
Stefan, Pete....

Ok, thats one of two!... The LocalMachine makes total sense..... the
thing I'm insterested in now is why it didn't pull up your MXGuard
installation.  When I got guidance from Greg @ MXGuard, he indicated
that IMail's SendName was the only key to detecting an older MXGuard
installation ( Short of searching the entire drive. )  And that its
key would be  pointing at the imailtomxguard.exe.

So what is the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ipswitch\IMail\Global\SendName pointing
at for your system, that it wouldn't detect the MXGuard call.... do
you have something in between IMail and MXGuard that would mask the
installer's detection..... [ this is installer has become my own
private game of Spy-vs-Spy ]

SendName is pointing to d:\ics\imail\mxhook.exe

Regards

--

elektronik-labor CARLS GmbH & Co. KG

  Stefan Paege

Fon: +49 5973 9497-23
Fax: +49 5973 9497-19

----

elektronik-labor CARLS GmbH & Co. KG
Kommanditgesellschaft:
Sitz Neuenkirchen, Registergericht Steinfurt HRA 3310

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
elektronik-labor CARLS, Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH,
Sitz Neuenkirchen, Registergericht Steinfurt HRB 4175

Geschäftsführer:
Irmgard Carls, Joachim Schulte