Hello Sniffer folks,

We have discovered that some testing code escaped into the latest tarball: snf-server-3.0.12.tar.gz

This testing code intentionally causes SNFServer to crash (seg fault) under special conditions. This was done so that we could examine the resulting core dump.

You may experience this as random crashes, especially during spikes in traffic.

We are looking at our procedures to see how this happened. When we have resolve that issue we will publish a new tarball.

In the mean time you can correct this problem immediately by replacing your SNFServer/main.cpp file with the one found on our SVN server here:

https://svn.microneil.com/websvn/dl.php?repname=SNFServer&path=%2Ftrunk%2FSNFServer%2Fmain.cpp&rev=16&peg=16&;

Download the file, rebuild SNFServer, and replace your existing SNFServer.exe.

Sorry for the trouble.

We will get a new tarball out shortly.

Thanks!

Pete McNeil