On 2015-02-10 11:23, Thomas Klaube wrote:
> Sometimes we see false positives from some of the users although
> they have been authenticated correctly. Is there a way to tell
> SNFMilter to whitelist authenticated users?

There is no such mechanism in Message Sniffer at this time.

I might also point out that white-listing mechanisms generally lead to
abuse. For example, much of the worst malware these days infects a
machine, gain's authentication through email and other systems, and then
uses the authenticated accounts to spread itself further -- this vector
takes advantage of social hacking (trust of known friends/peers) and
hard security hacking (by gaining access to secured accounts the old
fashioned way, by stealing the keys).

We don't get many requests for this kind of thing -- I'm pretty sure
this is the first time I've heard this one.

SNFMilter is distributed as source code so you certainly could code this
modification yourself if you need it for your system, or you might use a
different milter to force acceptance of messages that you've whitelisted
either by list or by behavior.

Please if you do find a false positive do report it to us so that we can
adjust the filters appropriately... much better to get the filtering
right than to make holes in it.

For reference: http://www.armresearch.com/Support/falsePositives.jsp

Best,

Pete McNeil