Ok, thanks!

If I might put out a further set of questions...

If this is the way that the DOM specifies that it should be done, am I
safe in useing that structure to code my XML parsing?  I other words, is
it relatively safe to assume that the next x versions of the XML specs
will also use the 'getChildNode' method?

What I'm going to end up doing basing a Java Swing tree element on a
series of objects (sources for web cameras).  Can I use soap in such a
way to construct the tree itself on the server and then send it to the
client browser over soap?  would this be a stupid thing to do from a
performance perspective?

Would it be a better solution to pass an XML document object across the
SOAP connection and then let the client applet parse it from there?  My
thought is that the applet will already have the XML parser classes
available to use the SOAP service, but it somehow feels like I'm making
dehydrated water, you know?

-ryan