Paula Young wrote:

>I want to timeout and break out of waiting for the return from call.invoke()
>if the return is taking too long.  Has any one done this successfully with:
>
>SOAPHTTPConnection http = new SOAPHTTPConnection();
>http.setTimeout(5000);    // 5-sec timeout
>call.setSOAPTransport(http);

yep, basically the same code you have ...

        SOAPHTTPConnection shc = new SOAPHTTPConnection();
        shc.setTimeout(timeout);
        Call call = new Call();
        call.setSOAPTransport(shc);

I'm learning to setup a test class for every service that
runs a single request, a hundred serial requests, and
a hundred parallel requests and reports on errors, response
times, etc.  I suggest you write something that pushes the
envelope and breaks on a timeout.