Title: RE: TcpTunnelGui program

Hi Jody,

With the command line:

java org.apache.soap.util.net.TcpTunnelGui 8082 localhost 8080

the TcpTunnelGui listen for HTTP resquests on 8082 port (showing the SOAP request on the left scrolled window of the TcpTunnelGUI) and redirects the request from the port 8082 to the port 8080 where the servelt engine is listening.

So, if you want to use this debugging tool (andi suggest to use it) your SOAP clients must send its requests to the port 8082. Thus, with the AdressBook sample one of command lines should be:

java samples.addressbook.GetAddress http://localhost:8082/soap/servlet/rpcrouter "John B. Good"

This way YOU are telling to the SOAP client to send the data to the port 8082.

And if you use the command line:

java samples.addressbook.GetAddress http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter "John B. Good"

WITH the TcPTunnelGui Tool running, it won´t listen any thing (it listen on 8082 only!) but the servlet engine will and the request will work.

If you use this command line:

java samples.addressbook.GetAddress http://localhost:8082/soap/servlet/rpcrouter "John B. Good"

WITHOUT the TcpTunnelGui running, there isn´t some listener on 8082 port, so the request won´t work.

I had the same confusion. Hope this help you!

Regards,

E.Y.