I don't have much advanced Soap knowledge but here's some clues:
1)  Before build your own Serializer and Deserializer have you looked at
the exchange of Java Beans?  I don't know if it can be used in this
situation however.

2)I don't think you can do asynchronous call with Apache soap RPC.

Try looking at Apache - Axis (I know it's alpha), they have something about
Map exchange.

Good luck!

Steeve...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul Wadmore) on 31/07/2001 10:26:47 AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]