i have the same problems. i want to handle lotus.domino.NotesException but never get the lotus.domino.NotesException message...
if someone have an answer ....

Lionbridge Technologies - France
www.lionbridge.com

Vikram Rajan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

09/10/2001 11:13 AM
Please respond to soap-user

        To:        "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Exception handling

Doesnt Apache SOAP toolkit handle application-level exceptions?

i.e., if I have a method with the following signature:

public User getUserDetails(String id) throws UnknownUserException

and the UnknownUserException is thrown by the method, shouldn't this
exception be wrapped into a Fault object and sent across to the client? ...
doesnt seem to be happening. All I get is a "null".

Am using Apache SOAP 2.1 with Weblogic.

any ideas? am i missing something?

- vikram rajan