Hi !

I have searched far and wide, and found very little documentation about SOAP
other then the W3C Specs or very similar doc. I am looking for something
like a developer's/programmer's guide.

For my specific question : I have a hard time fully understanding the
meaning/utility/implications of the SOAP actor attribute of the SOAP header.
E.g. does the actor attribute apply to SOAP RPC services or is it for
one-way messages only ? How does one specify intermediairies along the
message path ? For what purposes can actors be used/ not be used ? Any SOAP
implementations implementing the actor attribute, b.t.w. (Apache SOAP 2.2
seems not to) ?

Any pointers very much appreciated, especially code examples !

As you see, I am not an expert with SOAP. We have been using servlet-based
technology up until now, and plan on using web services in the (as near as
possible) future.

Thanks,

M.