On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, David Wall wrote:

> > there other considerations I should look at that would benefit from an
> > Apache/Tomcat solution rather than just Tomcat.
..
> Age old questions. Tomcat can do it all, as I understand it, especially TC
> 1) Everything is SSL in our site, and the OpenSSL implementation is faster
> than the JSSE.  Also, the SSL burden can be separated onto a second server.

And if you use one of the commercial Apache's (say from IBM or Covalent)
who rely on a commercial SSL stacks from for example RSA - then you get at
least another order of magnitude in SSL performance (and open the road to
hardware acc.  if need be). This assuming of course that you need 10's
of hits/second levels of performance :-)

Dw