I did add the xerces.jar file in the tomcat.bat file.  Still this does not
help.

Rino

-----Original Message-----
From: William Brogden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 10:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: NoSuchMethodError

This is just about guaranteed to be a problem with an old
xml parser package hanging around on your system. For some
reason the server is finding it before it finds a current
parser that supports namespaces. Check out the documentation
on how Java finds jar files - it looks in the standard
extensions directory BEFORE it looks at the classpath.

Bill