From: Bishr Tabbaa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 8:16 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: DeployedServices.xml

PROBLEM:
I would like to avoid deploying the admin tool in a production environment; hence I am interested in handwriting my 'own' soap.xml and DeployedServices.xml.  However, I have noticed that unless even when the latter file is well-formed & valid, DeployedServices.xml corresponding to the org.apache.soap.server.XMLConfigManager does not get processed correctly.  For example, the "id" of a service is left unspecified and I do not observe the exception that is supposed to be thrown [yes, I did look at the source].  Similarly, I can leave the "class" implementing the service unspecified and observe no errors.

What gives?

Thanks,
Bishr

P.S.  My configuration is