Brian,

When you said you added soap.jar etc. to your classpath, did you do it from the
commandline ie. using set classpath=%classpath%;c:\.............

I had a similiar problem to you and found it was because i had not set the
classpath correctly from the command line.

Bryan Field wrote:

> I have set up Apache Tomcat to implement soap services and I put all the
> appropriate jars (soap.jar, activation.jar, mail.jar and xerces.jar) in the
> lib directory of Tomcat.  I added them to my classpath as well and I am
> issueing the following command, from a command line, to test the service.
> "java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
> http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list"
>
> I can go to the url http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter and I get
> back a response, but when I try from the command line I get the following
> Exception.  Does anyone know what could be causing this.
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>         at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:80)
>         at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
>         at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:237)
>         at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:230)
>         at
> org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManag
> erClient.java:129)
>         at
> org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient
> .java:151)
>         at
> org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
> .java:237)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bryan Field
> Senior Consultant
> T4CG
> (703) 729-4990 ext. 228 (main)
> (703) 862-5849 (cell)
> (703) 832-0364 (fax)
> ---

Sandeep Heer
Consultant
Hitachi Europe Ltd
Tel : +44 (0) 1628 585451
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 E-mail Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer

  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Access to
this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited.
  E-mail messages are not necessarily secure.  Hitachi does not accept responsibility
for any changes made to this message after it was sent.
  Please note that Hitachi checks outgoing e-mail messages for the presence of
computer viruses.