Hi @all,

the following is an conversation between me an Lim...
I found it very interesting and would get your statements to the described
problems.

Could you please read it an write your comments and send it back to me.

thx a lot
regards daniel

                    TH Lim

                    <dct_thlim@jhanco       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    ck.com.my>              cc:

                                            Subject:     Re: my own Serializer

                    08.01.02 10:49

At 10:12 AM 08-01-02, you wrote:

>Hi Lim,
>
>am I right with the following?
>When I write my own De-/Serializer, I have to register it on both, the
>server and the client side.

yes. initially, i thought one needs only to register the server side but i
was wrong. however, i find it peculiar. sometimes even i have forgotten to
register, there was no exception. anyway, i always register both side.

>Waht happens when a perl or an other client requests my service.
>Does the De-/serializer pattern from the Apache API only works with Java
>clients?

this is interesting. i think your serializer must be able to produce the
xml understandable to perl deserializer and vice versa. again, this is what

i think and i am looking for answers to this. at the moment i believe
Apache API only works with Java clients (by default), i could be wrong.

>Or is it better to use the literal xml encoding to accept a wide range of
>different clients.
>What are the advantages of the literal encoding and the serializer
>mechanism?

i believe the whole idea is to have a xml encoding acceptable to all web
services clients and servers. the problem lies with the de/serializers. The

job of the de/serializers are to convert (VB, Java, C++) objects to XML
(text) and vice versa.

>This would be a good aspect to discuss it in my diploma, what I write now.
>Can you give me some advices.

are you a student doing part time job?

/lim/

SinnerSchrader Deutschland GmbH
Communication & Technology

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.sinnerschrader.com
fon +49.(0) 40.39 88 55-0
fax +49.(0) 40.39 88 55-55
gasstrasse 8-16 | 22761 hamburg | germany