Its xsi:nil and not xsi:null for specifying that an element value holds a
null value...

-----Original Message-----
From: dovle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 12 March 2002 20:12
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: HELP : xsi:null="true"

Not mentioned:
using orion 5.2
apache soap 2.2

And the TestSerializable is registered to the BeanSerializer

Please help !!!

> Problems encontered and don't know if this is apache's fault or I am doing
> something wrong.
>
> I send the message as xml schema 1999 .
>
> I have a bean that contains some null values and is serialized like this
> <item xsi:type="n1:test.TestSerializable">
>     <number xsi:type="xsd:int">0</number>
>     <name xsi:null="true" />
>     <valid xsi:null="true" />
>     <testVector xsi:null="true" />
> </item>
>
> (is part of a Vector, of course)
>
> On serverside I get the following exception :
> <faultstring>No mapping found for ':name' using encoding style
> 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.</faultstring>
>
> When I send a TestSerizable with a name but with valid == null then I get
> the same exception, but for :valid . And so on.
>
> Does apache soap 2.2 knows to use xsi:null (even if using schema 1999) ? I
> have tried with schema 2000 and still the same .
>
> Or else, what is wrong inhere ? I have no idea.
>
> Please , need quick help, deadline comming :o(
> dovle

they are addressed. Any views or opinions are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exel
Computer Systems plc. If you have received this email in error
please notify Customer Services on 0115 946 0101.