Have you imported the server certificate into you client keystore (cacerts
file)?

If not, look into the keytool.exe file that is in your java/bin directory.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumar Raj [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 3:45 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Soap over HTTPS

Hi !

I'm trying to invoke a soap service over HTTPS. 'm using Apache v2.2 as
soap client.
Herez the error which gets displayed in the client side.

***********************************
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket:
null; targe
tException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket:
null]
        at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnec
tion.java:324)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:205)
        at HTTPSClient.main(HTTPSClient.java:80)
***********************************

I have added the following stmts to my client code.

  ***********************
     System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore","<Path to
keystore>");

      System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword","changeit");

      // use Sun's reference implementation of a URL handler for the
"https" URL protocol type.

System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs","com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ww
w.protocol");

      // dynamically register sun's ssl provider

      Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

       // HP-SOAP server end point
       URL url = new URL(<Soapendpointurl>);
        :
        :
        :
       Call call = new Call ();
        Response resp = call.invoke (url,"");

On the server side it says "null cert chain"

Any help or pointers will be great.

Thanks in advance

Kumar Raj