From: "Lenhart Stefan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 10:28 AM
Subject: Re: URL and port

I'm using Tomcat as a servlet engine. I'm not certain about the version, it
is the distribution that comes with JWSDP, but it must be 4.something, as it
includes catalina. The error occurs on this line:
myCall.invoke("http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter";, "");
The Call object is configured properly, and in my browser, the URL leads to
the default rpcrouter page (Sorry, I don't speak...).
At runtime, the invoke method produces a SOAP exception with this
stacktrace:
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol; msg=Unsupported response
content ty
pe "text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was:
report</title><STYLE><!--H1{font-famil
y : sans-serif,Arial,Tahoma;color : white;background-color : #0086b2;}
BODY{font
-family : sans-serif,Arial,Tahoma;color : black;background-color : white;}
B{col
or : white;background-color : #0086b2;} HR{color : #0086b2;} --></STYLE>
</head>
size=
Ser
err
or (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this
request.</u></
respon
se envelope: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.
java:353)
and so on...

The troubleshooting page at xml.apache.org says the "Unsupported response
content type..." stuff would happen if one uses the wrong URL, but I
haven't!
Anybody has any idea??

Many thanks for any hints!