Hi,

I've seen alot of posts about what tools are available to generate WSDL.

I'm running:

Apache Tomcat 4.0.3
SOAP 2.2
JDK2 1.3
JRE2 1.3

I've downloaded the IBM Web Services Toolkit, as well as Systinet's WASP.
I've extracted the binaries for thes toolkits, setup my path etc. All I want
to use is the java2wsdl binary that will create WSDL for me.

Are there any good instructions out there on just how to use java2wsdl? I've
got the Implementing Web Services doco that came with the IBM toolkit, but
there are really no instructions how to use the java2wsdl in there. It skims
over it. I'm really not sure of the options to use etc.

I've been mainly trying to use the IBM Toolkit. I have deployed a very
simple Web Service called "HelloWorld" which has a method called "sayHello"
that takes a String. Here are the urn:HelloWorld details:

ID urn:helloworld
Scope: Request
Provider Type: java
Provider Class: Hello
Use Static Class: false
Methods: sayHello

This is what I'm attempting to use to generate the WSDL:

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL \
        -N"http://Hello"; \
        -n"http://Hello_Interface"; \
        -o /u/dev/webservices/HelloWorld/Hello_Interface.wsdl \
        -O /u/dev/webservices/HelloWorld/Hello_Impl.wsdl \
        -L"%2Hello_Interace.wsdl" \
        -m"sayHello" \
        -l"%1" Hello

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Hello
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java,
Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.setCls(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.main(Unknown Source)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.init(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.getIntfWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.main(Unknown Source)

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

(sorry if this is easy and a stupid question, come from a C++ background,
trying to write Java and it's just not happening :| )

Thanks,
Sam
Samantha Savvakis (B.E. CompSys(HONS))
Computer Fiscal Services