From: Jonathan Yue [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 6:01 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Apache SOAP does not recognbize https protocol?

I downloaded jdk1.4 and the https error msg is gone, but still there are exceptions from client and server. Please help more.

(again, tomcat/ssl/ is working fine from http and https browser requests).

client:
Deploying the messaging service...
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error opening socket: null;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error opening socket: null]
        at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.ja
va:324)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:205)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClien
t.java:129)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java
:142)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:2
30)

server:
2002-05-23 17:53:30 - ContextManager: Error reading request, ignored - java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleError(ContextManager.java:1133)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:765)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpC
onnectionHandler.java:213)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Thanks,

Regards
Jonathan