I'm working on a web service using Axis 1.0 and Tomcat 4.1.12.  I've written
a class that runs on the server and actually does the work that the service
is supposed to do.  I've subjected this to Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java, and
have gotten the client-side calls to send their arguments and get the
arbitrary
length to the server while for another, the server has to return such a file
the client.

I figured out how to have the server return the file as an attachment, but
this
causes an error on the client side: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document
root
element missing.

Will I still be able to use the stuff generated by Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java
if
my messages have attachments?  And can anybody point me to any examples as
how to cope with this stuff on the client side?

Michael D. Spence
Mockingbird Data Systems, Inc.