If you write the client using a nightly build of Apache SOAP, you
will find that the SOAPHTTPTransport allows you to specify
StringBuffers to receive copies of outgoing and incoming packets.

With JSSE (and JDK 1.4), you can enable SSL debug options that dump
the packet contents (among other things).

On 3 Feb 2003 at 11:33, Sean Leblanc wrote:

> Okay, thanks. :) I just asked because I remember reading something about
> proxies that can show/read the plaintext because they do encryption on
> behalf of the client. I didn't know if TcpTunnel could act in this capacity.
>
> ...and the NSA probably already has a way to crack PKI.

Scott Nichol