Here is the exact error that I am getting.
C:\JavaPrograms\soap\soap-2_3\samples\addressbook>testit
This test assumes a server URL of http://localhost/NASApp/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
Deploying the addressbook service...
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException]
        at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:354)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:248)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:129)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java:142)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:230)
.
Verify that it's there
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException]
        at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:354)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:248)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:129)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient.java:151)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:237)
.
Getting info for "Mr Good"
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException
.
Adding "John Doe"
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException
.
Query "Mr Doe" to make sure it was added
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException
.
Adding an XML file of listings
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException
.
Get everyone!
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException
.
Undeploy it now
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException]
        at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:354)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:248)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:129)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.undeploy(ServiceManagerClient.java:147)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:235)
.
Verify that it's gone
Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error parsing HTTP status line "": java.util.NoSuchElementException]
        at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:354)
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:248)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:129)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient.java:151)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:237)
C:\JavaPrograms\soap\soap-2_3\samples\addressbook>

ymchatty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
1.This happens with any example that I run.
2. I did include the js.jar and bsf.jars

3.I referred other issues mentioned in this forum and accordingly I have done like this. Put the xerces.jar on top of the classpath in both NT and kregedit of my iplanet. I have eliminated the other old parsers, JAXP, Crimson, and Xalan .

Still face the same problem.

Scott Nichol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
1. Does this happen only with the calculator sample, or with any
sample you try to run?

2. Have you read the README for the calculator sample? Most
important is the following

Additional Server Classpath Requirements:

bsf.jar from the Bean Scripting Framework:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/bsf/
js.jar from Rhino - _javascript_ for Java:
http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/

<<<<

On 17 Jun 2003 at 12:28, ymchatty wrote:

> Hi,I am trying to test the soap samples by installing the soap.war from apache.org. I successfully deployed the war file as per their instructions(http://ws.apache.org/soap/docs/index.html) and I tested the administrative interface, RPC Router and Message Router Servlets successfully. I
included the activation.jar, mail.jar, xerces.jar, soap.jar to ,my NT classpath and to my Kregedit of my Iplanet server.When I try to run the sample calculator example, I get the following error. Pls let me know what I am missing.C:\JavaPrograms\soap\soap-2_3\samples\calculator>testitThis test
assumes a server URL of http://localhost/NASApp/soap/servlet/rpcrouterDeploying the calculator service...Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error parsing HTTP st at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:354)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:248) at
> org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:1 at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java:142) at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:230).Verify that it's
thereException in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error parsing HTTP st at org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.java:354) at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:248) at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:1 at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.list(ServiceManagerClient.java:151) at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:237).Running the calculator.Undeploy
it nowException in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error parsing HTTP st at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.undeploy(ServiceManagerClient.java:147) at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:235).Verify that it's goneException in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error parsing HTTP st