different tools support different parts of the XSD spec, so you
generate your WSDL with tool A, but tool B can't process it. Typical
sticking points include choice, derivation by restriction, model
groups. In addition many tools still generate invalid schemas, lack of
required import statements when multiple schemas are involved is a
common problem. This becomes particular problematic if you start with
an existing human authored schema, rather than a tool generated
schema, as its more likely to use the XSD concepts designed to make
authoring easier (like model groups)

Even basics like namespaces handling can be an issue, ASP.NET for
example has a well known bug where it applies the wrong default to the
elementFormDefault attribute, causing it to generate incorrect
messages.

Having said all that, soap long term future is with doc/literal
messages, just don't let its proponents pull the wool over your eyes,
interop is still a an issue.

Cheers
Simon