From: Don Vito [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 7:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: error starting tcptunnelgui

Hi Scott,

finally I solved the problem. I was logged in (X11 Session) as a normal user
and
did su to root in a shell. The error occurred as I tried to invoke
TcpTunnelGui
under root. As I did su back to a normal user I found out that there was a
environment variable 'XSESSION_IS_UP=yes'. That variable was not set under
root.
After I logged out and in under X as root this variable was set and
everything
worked fine.

Many thanks for your reply!

Daniel.

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Scott Nichol wrote:

> TcpTunnelGui uses simple AWT stuff.  Are you able to run other AWT apps?
>
> Scott Nichol
>
> Do not send e-mail directly to this e-mail address,
> because it is filtered to accept only mail from
> specific mail lists.

X11 server