I'm trying to follow the instructions at http://ws.apache.org/soap/docs/install/ and having some difficulty.

The main symptom I'm seeing right now is that if I click on the link in the soap admin page to "visit the SOAP RPC router URL for this SOAP server", I get a 404 not found error. That's because the directory the link points to, <tomcat_home>/webapps/soap/servlet/rpcrouter/, does not exist. The URL that gives the 404 error is http://myserver:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter

The other link on the page works. This goes to pages to list, deploy, or undeploy services. All those pages work.

I installed soap by putting soap.war in <tomcat_home/webapps/ and then going to http://myserver:8080/soap/. That's how the other directory was created (the one that works). But it didn't create the servlet folder or the rpcrouter sub-dir.

So that's my immediate problem. But I am confused by some things in the installation instructions. Maybe I should write another message about that since this one is already pretty long.

-- John G. Heim University of Wisconsin - Division of Information Technology (DoIT) 1210 West Dayton St, #4297, Phone: 2-9887

To boldly code what no one has coded before.