Last summer, over Texas, a full scale soaring pilot who happens to be a 727
jockey for a living, was flying in what he recognized as lift. With a full
load of passengers, he slowly idled back the engines. His co -pilot was
concerned (as he anticipated immediate altitude loss).  the 727 not only did
not lose altitude, but climbed in a straight line at 500 feet per minute.
No names, but the pilot lives in Elmira and flys an ASH-25. He pulled some
3-G turns at one of our events in it. I have also seen him do Knife edge in
a Duo Discus.
 John Derstine
E-mail; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Scale Soaring: http://www.Geocities.com/~scalesoar