I don't read these everyday, so my comments are sometimes alittle behind the
curve, so to speak.
supplier bashing is an intregal part of this forum. sometimes legitamate or
well founded other times not so. Many times if people take the time to find
out the facts for themselves and not get caught up in a feeding frenzy, they
will discover another truth or alternate truths about a paticular supplier
or manufacturer. In other words one mans experience is not neccessarily
another's.
The FMA thread is an example of what i believe are half truths and a basic
lack of understanding of what Fred Marks has contributed to the electronics
end of our sport for the last 35 years or more. I don't intend to be an
apologist for Fred's business strategies, but there are few original
thoughts or designs in R/C modeling. almost every technology is derived or
evolved from another. Borrowing ideas is a fact of life in all business, is
anyone naive enough not to realize this? Look at the auto industry or
telivision programing. Believe me if Horizon or Global Hobbies thouht they
could sell 1,000 Pegasus towplanes, you would see it in their line up next
year, fresh from China by the container load. (However,I am quite sure I am
safe in my small niche!)
FMA products are of good quality, but as in all things, one has to pick and
choose for his own best purpose.  FMA's dual conversion rx's are the best
after market product out there. These stand up to large scale gas plane
systems where ignition RF and long servo leads both contribute to a
challenging environment. Fred Marks has designed more R/C electronics gear
including transmitters, rx's, chargers, while working at ACE R/C, than
anyone on this list to be sure. Fred has a long history of TECHNICAL
expertise. I have known Fred since his days at the now defunct ACE R/C (not
to be confused with the reincarnated ACE Distributors).
I am an FMA OEM buyer, I like their super suple 150 strand servo wire, four
pole redundant switches, dual conversion  rx's, and use these products in
the Pegasus tow planes without hesitation. I have done the homework, I buy
what works, and after a thousand or so tows at RF saturated events, FMA
products have not failed once for me.

regards,

 John Derstine
E-mail; [EMAIL PROTECTED]