Just before Christmas Randy McCleave and I went to HKM to look at their shop
and to see the new Nimbus 4 Super Orchidee.  I ended up bringing one home
for several reasons.  First, it's an example of excellent molding work - the
fits and finishes are first class.  Second, the plane breaks down into a
size I can fit into my Audi A6 wagon without ANY difficulty, something I
cannot do with most of the other large span, scale sailplanes.  Third, it's
a gorgeous sailplane that was crying out to me, "Take me home."

I did find two things I think could be better.  First, the method used to
make the retract doors leaves a bit bigger gap around the edges than I
liked, but that's really pretty minor.  Second, the canopy has a molded
floor already installed that prevents you from easily installing a pilot.
This, I think, is a shame as a scale plane with an empty cockpit just isn't
quite right.  It does mean, however, that you don't have to worry about
building a scale cockpit - unless you're a real masochist.

You won't be disappointed with this sailplane and knowing what I paid for
mine and what it costs to get things from Germany to the US, John's price is
very fair.

Jim Porter
Neckargemund-Dilsberg
Germany

"The airplane stays up because it doesn't have the time to fall."
     Orville Wright

> I have just recieved word of availability of the second batch of Molded
6.6
> meter Nimbus 4's from HKM. I will have them here in most likely about two
> weeks. Call or email to reserve one if interested. They go fast.
> I posted some new pictures today of this fabulous plane sloping beneath
Mt.