From: Bill Conkling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 8:04 AM
To: Martin Usher
Cc: RCSE
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Nicads not charging to capacity

I have an old Accucycle, and it will only charge for a certain time, MAX.
I was having the same problem and was getting diminishing capacity, but
found that the higher capacity batteries were not getting charged fully
before the charger quit.

 .........bc    ([EMAIL PROTECTED]

       http://www.widomaker.com/~conk
Williamsburg, VA 23185

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Martin Usher wrote:

> > What is going on with these packs? (Steve Gibson)
>
> I've had both new and long unused batteries do this, it was so consistent
> that I thought that my cycler had got out of calibration. After one or two
> cycles with the batteries showing well below rated capacity I ran one full
> charge with a peak charger. That got them back close to their rated
capacity
> and they are now holding this when cycled using slow charger.
>
> I'm using an "Accucycle" for discharge/slow charge and a "Summit" peak
> charger.
>
> This behaviour is consistent with what I understand of battery chemistry.
>
> > Should I expect to get more than 900 mAh from a new 1100 mAh pack?
>
> I don't believe labels on batteries, they're just an approximate guide. I
go
> by what I measure.
>
> Martin Usher

and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.