I'm looking for suggestions before I try this - I am slowly working
towards finishing a large obechi wing, and I want to release the
trailing edge - eg, make the 3 control surfaces.

I used a dremel cutoff to clean up the trailing edge, and I was
considering using it again with router bit, after blocking off a "fence"
on the wing for a guide.  I want a fairly wide gap; I envision using a
balsa cap on both sides to protect the foam, give me a cup and socket
effect..

Any successful methods someone could share?  I've got a lot of time in
this project, and I don't want to make any old mistakes.

Thanks,
Brent