Just a note on Hawks:

Last year I was in the final leg of a landing at a rock, stump and
gravel infested soaring site here in the Oregon Willamette valley when
out of nowhere a Goshawk( I think) dropped out of the sky and hit my
wingtip and knocked my Fun One into the canopy of the forest.  Quite a
shock.  It was found about a year later, not much good except the rx.
such is my experience with Hawks, or at least one with a grudge......

Eric Swenson