Harley:

SNIP
I swear I can make a beautiful set of 4 in 1/2 hour.
END SNIP

You slackard!  I can make twenty pockets in less than 30 minutes.  I use
a table saw and a two foot square foot of formica I got from a cabinet
maker (free). I have a lifetime supply, but they are not ARF. You have
to mount them and I just can't bring myself to do any building what so
ever since I am a pilot  8^)  Oh gee what should I do???.

Kinda funny isn't it.  You tell someone exactly how to do it and rather
than do it and go fly, they tell you how to do it better without any
testing or experience at all.  I tried the wire frame bit when I was
testing the prototypes you sent and it was really bad for all the
reasons you gave and with much force it tore out of the balsa.  To make
it strong enough you had to put plywood over and under it ... gained
nothing.  Now we will probably hear twenty ways to make it stong enough,
again without any testing.  Such is RCSE.

Lynford
Reno Flightline