The format
>was psuedo-F3J, basically F3J with winches, skegs and teeth.  To summarize,
>the format was a 10-minute slot for each flight group, one relaunch
>allowed, last flight to count, FAI landing tape (5 points per meter),
>scores normalized within the flight group.  There were 25 flyers
>ranging from novices to world-class.

Wayne et al,
        We have done this in Dayton and had a blast, it is to bad that the
powers to be (ie. FAI and the English) could not have come up with this in
the first place.  Real simple, sponsoring body has winches, 11 minute
window, play F3J.  At the Nats we could have flown two rounds more, or been
done earlier, if winches were used and not lines, plus the facts that in the
finals everyone would not have been looking for help.  I had a blast flying
F3J at the Nats, thanks to team member Rudy and Paul, you do get into those
two man tows(but jees, there gone too!).  But true F3J IMHO has all the
hallmarks of other European activities, lots of effort for little results.

Marc Gellart, Lima, OH