Having been in R/C Soaring from the beginning (that's before the highstart
came along) I have my own ideas about who should be in these list(s) of the
"Greatest".  These are, in most cases, those who not only were responsible
for innovations in technology, or in attaining higher levels of performance,
but most importantly, those who shared these things with the soaring
community in general.

CLASSIC PERIOD - 1967 to 1985
Lee and Barbara Renaud - (dba AIRTRONICS)
Dan Pruss - (Soarnats CD 1972 - ??)  225 entrants at one 70's meet!
Dr. Walt Good (the "Creator")
Mark Smith (you can't do that with that ship)
Dave Thornburg (Zen and the art of model soaring)

MODERN PERIOD - 1986 to Present
Bob Dodgson - (multi-surface pioneer, innovator and manufacturer)
Mark Allen - (kited first modern, composite ship for the masses)
Michael Seileg (thanks for the memories... 3021, 7037, 7080, etc)
Tim Renaud (applied, practical examples of blended technology, and a "quiet
man")
Joe Wurts (a true guru... possibly, not from this planet...)

COMPANIES
------------------
Airtronics
Goldberg
Dodgson
RnR
NSP
RCSD
RCSE

PLANES
---------------
Grand Esprit
Aquilla
Saggita
Gentle Lady
Spirit
Falcon 880
Super V
Duck

Of course there are many, many others notable of mention.  As I said, these
are MY favorites.  IM sure you have yours.  And, BTW, we should thank
Michael L. (sp?)  at AIRAGE.  Not only an excellent pilot, but the guy who
brought this forum to us.  He certainly deserves to be on the list.