[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: About a week ago, I was flying my Mog on
Woodrat Mountain here in Southern Oregon, when a small falcon of some
sort decided to "engage" me! Time after time he would come in for the
kill. I decided after his fifth or sixth run at me, Id'e better take
evasive action and get out of there!! Does anyone know how well EPP
stands up to talons?.. It's these types of events that stick in my mind
and make me smile every time I think about them., Randy
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/soaring/?start=41424
> How about a top ten soaring sights?  I'm not talking necessarily
about a
> location, but could be an event or circumstance.
>
> Several weeks ago, I was flying my 2M Banshee thermal ship, when
suddenly it
> was very quiet and very hot.  I was sorta daydreaming with my plane
in a
> decent thermal when the change in temperature made me more aware.  I
looked
> up again with new interest and saw hundreds of dragon flies around
me, the
> sparrows above them, a buzzard way up there, and on top, a little
speck, was
> my plane bumping around in a circle.  With the sun directly overhead
and
> above my plane, the dragon flies looked like fairies in one of my
kids books
> with their wings sparkling, and the tiny spiders making a break from
their
> nest on strands of silk were floating above in a gentle circle like a
> cyclone in slow motion.  The eye of the thermal.  Wow--that was about
all I
> could think to say.  Wow.
>
> Rob Crockett
> Grass Valley, CA
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send
"subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]